Wednesday 19 January 2022

Blog update - changes to email subscription

As long-time visitors to my blog will know, I have been meaning to make some updates for a long time and I haven't, mainly because of lack of confidence in my limited technical abilities! Last year the email subscription service I was using, Feedburner, was discontinued. This email service would send out new blog posts to my email subscribers. As it was still working, I did nothing (shame on me) but it meant that new subscribers weren't able to sign up, so I needed to get it sorted and finally I have. 

Follow.it
I have moved active subscribers over to a new email service, Follow.it. I hope this service will be a good fit for my blog. Obviously the email addresses will not be used for anything other than letting subscribers know that a new post has been published. I understand that one of the benefits of Follow.it is that subscribers will be able to tailor the emails they receive, however I am not sure how much difference that will make as I'm not likely to start churning out a higher volume of posts! If you're interested in seeing the options you can do that here. As ever, if you have any suggestions for changes or improvements I'd be happy to hear them; please contact me with anything you'd like to raise. 

Who knows, if this update is successful, maybe it'll embolden me to try the other improvements I need to make, but don't hold your breath on that one :)

If you haven't subscribed already please do! 

Subscribe to Babblings of a Bookworm

 

.

2 comments:

  1. Your new subscription service is working great from my end. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you're not logged in to Google please leave your name in your comment or it will post as anonymous. Thanks! - Ceri